[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Hello, don't be shy - Page 9 - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1118 Next
 Post subject: Re: Hello, don't be shy
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:19 am 
Delinquent

I have a degree in video design, but due to some rather personal reasons I was unable to further pursue that career path, I currently work at a bakery, but I am considering trying to go back to game design but I a fear I am getting too old to be able to compete with the younger people in the industry who are more familiar with the current gen technology.

I saw this visual novel when I was browsing youtube, it caught my interest because I thought that the writing shows promise. I used to play a lot of visual novels back in college so I thought that I could possibly give some advice when I think of some.

I hope we can all get along, and I look forward to the next installment

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:52 am 
Delinquent

Hey all!

I'm CookieCutter from SoCal! I mainly play games like Super Smash Bros. Melee(and some Smash4) which I go to tournaments to usually monthly or bi-weekly, usually depending on whether I have any money leftover from constantly spending whatever I can scrape up on games. I am a HUGE fan of games where you can choose many options top continue the story(Mass Effect mainly :3) and I also am a HUGE fan of Fire Emblem!

I started playing Pokemon when I was 5 or so when my childhood friend first showed me a Gameboy and lent me a copy of Pokemon Silver. I played through most of it, but I moved away and had to give back to her sadly, but I managed to then pick up a copy of Pokemon Diamond and DS in the years after.
My favorite gens by far are 4 and 2, and my favorite Pokemon would have to be Dragonite!

I'm currently still in High School (15 y.o.) so during this summer vacation I was browsing reddit while waiting for my queue to pop in league when I stumbled across a post "advertising" some fanmade Pokemon games, which included this wonderful VN. I had never played a VN before, but I gave it a try and fell in love instantly!

My electives are definitely Dragon/Ghost, though Electric is very tempting! Best waifus are definitely Dawn and Leaf!

Anywho, I could write forever, but I don't exactly plan on writing out my life story, so once again hello to everyone and hope to get to know everyone better!

P.S. Lord Hilbert is a fraud and the only true overlord and Husbando is Youngster Joey and his Rattata ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited by CookieCutter23 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:15 pm 
Youngster

Hello, here Rufus !

I'm from France and lived nearly 3 years in the US in my childhood. I'm soon 27. I've played Red and Blue version of Pokémon, the last one I played was the Black version.

So I might use Google to help me to reconize most of English named Pokemon :D because I only know French names.

I discovered Pokemon Academy Life likely 1 month ago I think. I only play the demo today and I very like it ! I'll wait with impatience the full version ! If I can help for an French translation it would be a pleasure (it will take long I think haha).

That's why I register, I wanna also follow the game development from the website.

See you soon !

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:56 am 
Youngster

Hello my name is Scott and I live in Upstate NY. I have been a fan of Pokemon since I was 5 years old. Pokemon has always been a major part of my life. I really love old sitcoms such as All in the Family. I also have an obsession with History, especially the history of the Byzantine Empire or Eastern Roman Empire. I recently just wrote a 20 page paper on the history of the Byzantine Empire. I am also currently attending college where I am studying to earn my Bachelor's Degree in Public Affairs and Public Policy. I I love book, but rarely read fictional books except The Catcher in The Rye, The Outsiders, and The works of George R.R. Martin. I especially love nonfiction material, such as the Wars of Justinian by Procopius of Caesarea.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:58 am 
Youngster

Hello people, you can call me Croc I'm From North America, The Midwest Specifically. Ive been playing Pokémon since Pokémon Blue, and I have not stopped since I started. Let's see what else, ah yes My favorite type of Novels are Fantasy Novels, but my favorite Book Series is Sherlock Holmes. I am currently trying to write my own Novel. Oh and before I forget it is nice to meet you all.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:04 am 
Delinquent

Greetings I am red phantom < i use this name everywhere

Kinda farfetched but since i enjoy play as red and my fascination to ghost/psychic/dark type i think it was a good name.......actually i just realized it recently when i made this acc

Anyway I have been playing pokemon since red. Found the game from pokecommunity when it was on v1.02b and just recently stumble upon this forum. so hope we get along guys

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:57 pm 
Youngster

Hi, I'm Dev, and I'm from the UK. I'm also a massive Pokémon fan (Darkrai ftw).

I recently discovered this game, and I immediately fell for it. I think it's an awesome idea, I can't wait to see where it leads!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:24 am 
Youngster

Hello!
I'm GogglDChu, GDChu, Goggl, whatever you want to call me.
I'm just some nobody from NYC.

I came across a video of this game and decided to take it upon myself to look into it a bit more. After seeing what was already finished in the demo and the ambition of the dev has got me interested to see where this VA will go.

My favorite gen is 5. My favorites pokes are Pichu and Snivy. And Bianca is endgame.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:44 pm 
Rising Star

Hey there!

I'm Kythol. As of right now, I'm a 19 year old college student working on getting a degree in Game Design. While pursuing this, I've been looking around the internet for in progress games that interest me so I can learn more about the development process for when I hopefully work on my own game(s) in the future! I stumbled across this project by accident and immediately fell in love with the concept, especially since I've been one to wonder what schools in the Pokemon universe would be like.

My first exposure to Pokemon was when I got Pokemon Leaf Green when I was 7 years old. I've played each game up until Black 2/White 2, which is where I stopped since I don't currently have a 3DS to play the new games on. My all time favorite Pokemon game is Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky due to their incredible way of conveying the story.

In my free time, I glitch hunt and speedrun different video games. I've been fortunate enough to be able to go to and perform a speedrun for Games Done Quick: a biannual event that raises money for charity. I also love listening to music, with my favorite genre being within the spectrum of "pop punk" and "punk rock".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:08 am 
Youngster

Yo the name is Josh. Came upon the game when it was first available and have loved playing it since

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1118 Next