[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Lord Hilbert Appreciation Thread - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC

Thoughts?
I have been converted to Hilbertism. 12%  12%  [ 6 ]
I was already aware of Lord Hilbert's greatness, but thank you for the thread brother. 52%  52%  [ 26 ]
PRAISE LORD HILBERT! 36%  36%  [ 18 ]
Total votes: 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:38 am 
Rising Star

Hello all,
As the pope of the holy Church of Hilbert I have decided to take it upon myself to educate you all of the greatness that is Lord Hilbert.

fa21293d-417f-412d-a83c-0e88d1187291.png
fa21293d-417f-412d-a83c-0e88d1187291.png [ 222.3 KiB | Viewed 9302 times ]

Roughly 17 years ago a woman named "Hilbert's Mom" received a visitor. This visitor was none other than the deity Arceus himself. The god spoke not a word as he entered the woman's bedroom as she slept and touched the woman's inflated stomach with his heavenly hand (hoof?) thereby granting the child, not yet born, eternal power and righteousness. Nine months later our savior was born into the world and named Hilbert. As the recovering mother grasped her child and looked into his beautiful brown eyes, the boy uttered not a "goo", nor a "ga", but a full sentence.

"Hello mother, thank you for birthing me, but I must go."

Realizing she was face to face with a newborn and incredibly powerful deity, Hilbert's Mom haulted her confused gasping and responded. "Where will you go, my son?" she asked

Lord Hilbert shut his eyes for a moment and reopened them thereafter to reply.

"Mother, there is much for me to do. I would love to fill you in, but I am no longer interested in this conversation."

With that, the newborn divine being walked off and began his quest for knowledge and understanding of the world. Little did he know, being a god meant that he was already blessed with more sage wisdom than any man, woman, or pokemon could ever dream of.

Time passed and Hilbert chose three disciples who he deemed worthy to grace his presence with: Cheren the sagacious, Bianca the congenial, and Hilda the fairest and most sophisticated maiden in all of Unova.

16 years have passed since the birth of our messiah. One day he and his group agreed to meet south of Nuvema town in the forest clearing by his decree.

The three kneeled before their Lord and awaited their message.

"The time has come my children, I have opened a path for the three of you to attend the prestigious school of Kobukan Academy. This is a place where the three of you will flourish not only scholastically, but in competence as well. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity you three, do not let me down."

"Hilbert my lord, whatever shall we do without your guidance? This school is in a whole other region far away from your earthly residence." Bianca asked.

"Silence Bianca! Do not question our savior!" Cheren snapped.

"It is alright young Cheren. I have not been offended by her inquiry. To answer your question, young Bianca, I myself will enroll alongside you in attempts to find new disciples to grace with my presence. I will take on the role of a normal student, however some of my tendencies may be odd considering it is very difficult for a deity such as myself to play the role of a normal human. Hilda, I give you the position of keeping me in line when my behavior jumps out as suspicious and non human like."

"Yes, Lord Hilbert." Hilda graciously responded. She was happy to be trusted with such responsibility from a man as mighty as the great Hilbert.

"Go my children. Alert your parents of my decree. We leave at dawn. Oh, and Bianca, if that father of yours gives you any trouble about leaving, alert me immediately. I will set him straight."

With that, Lord Hilbert teleported away to await the next day.

One day passed and the quartet arrived at the gates of the fated destination: Kobukan academy.

"You did a wonderful job selecting a casual outfit, my lord." Bianca complemented.

"Thank you my child, I have even modeled my hat after the one young Hilda dons atop her head. I have also selected clothes that are considered fashionable amongst modern adolescents." Lord Hilbert replied

"I am pleased that you consider my hat trendy enough to be modeled after. However, what do we do now my lord?" Hilda asked, only to realize that her savior had disappeared.

"It would seem he left halfway through your sentence Hilda. I would assume he was no longer interested with the conversation." Cheren clarified.

"I see... well, let us make the messiah proud." Hilda said as she led the trio into the building.

"Wow that girl must be really religious." Red stated overhearing the last bit of Hilda's sentence
Which interrupted his inner monologue as he exited the bus.

"Well as I was saying... thinking rather." Red continued his thoughts

'At first I wasnt so sure...'

The story ends here my friends. To educate yourself on the continuation of Lord Hilbert's tale, you must await the release of Pokemon Academy Life; it is sort of a bible for Hilbertism filled with the conclusion of Lord Hilbert's quest for followers.

Praise our lord: Hilbert; for he is love, he is life. Thank you for reading.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:14 am 
Delinquent

Yes. Just... yes.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:29 am 
Site Admin

Obligatory:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:38 am 
Poké Fan

I noticed this while looking through my twitter feed. please add edgelord club by end of development

Attachments:
File comment: I'm sorry
edgelords.jpg
edgelords.jpg [ 103.56 KiB | Viewed 9108 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:02 am 
Delinquent

I know it's probably a lot of extra coding, but it would be neat if you could unlock Hilbert in your second play though and you get to see the academy and his goals and missions through his point of view instead of red. Can we make that happen?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:28 am 
Veteran

If you see this png file while scrolling

you have been visited by the Pokégod, Hilbert of Nuvema Town
Shiny Pokémon and good catch rates will come to you
But only if you quote this post and reply "Thank Mr. Hilbert" on this thread

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:42 pm 
Rising Star

10/10 would recommend to family and friends

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:55 pm 
Poké Fan

I have begun the Converting of my Heathen Friends to Hilbertism. Soon, we shall have new Brothers in Faith. Praise Lord Hilbert, his Edgy Holiness and let all who lay their eyes upon him realise how great he is and how they live in the shadow of Red, the Source of All Evil.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:03 pm 
Rising Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:01 am 
Delinquent

I am curious into delving into Hilbertism. My parents warn me about it, but it doesn't seem that bad. Is there a pamphlet for it?