[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Submit Your Questions for the Next Ask Me Almost Anything (AMAA) - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:53 am 
Site Admin

It's time to revisit the ol' "Ask Me Almost Anything" series!

With demo 1.0.3 out for a couple weeks now, we're open to answering questions about the visual novel in its current iteration as well as any design questions you may have.

Some of the fans who have been with us for some time are familiar with the format, but we'll answer almost anything. To prevent anyone from wasting their time, here are some topics we will not answer:

To submit questions, you can:

- Leave a comment here
- Tweet on Twitter
- Post on our
- Email pokemonvisualdev@gmail.com

We'll collect questions from you until Friday, March 17 and post our answers afterward.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:00 am 
Rising Star

Well I have two questions but I would want the first one answered more than the second. Okay:
Will we have to have your Pikachu on your team if we join the battle team. I'm all for taking down Lance's Team with only Pikachu for revenge, but will we have to have him on our team. If we do have to him, will there be others like him, that are set in stone on our team?

My second question is: Where did the skip button go? There's an option for skip speed, but that doesn't really work. There was, however, a point where everything zoomed by at rapid speed, but I can't tell if that was the skip option working for a bit, or a glitch ( If you want, I'll go into further detail in the bugs section, but i figured this would be a good place to ask).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:07 am 
Staff Writer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:20 am 
Rising Star

I'm curious how you plan to pace the story over the 3-year period you've told us about. Basically, are we getting 3 smaller arcs that add up to form one large arc, or is it just one large arc over the three years at Kokuban? Again, I guess I'm just curious about how the backing is going to go.

Also, and I know it's a shot in the dark here, but any chance we'll get some info or hints as to which Pokémon we will be getting in our type electives? ^_^

All in all thanks again for the amazing work you all do!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:51 am 
Youngster

Will choosing different room mates affect what we can do? Like certain activities, like when you pick Calem you get the chance to do Student council, could you still do student council with other groups of friends? And also the skip button doesn't work, but you have probably already heard that, and yes I hit ctrl.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:17 am 
Delinquent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:22 am 
Youngster

I have a question as well. Will Pokemon battles only be restricted to if you're on the Battle Team, or will battles occur in random locations like the main games? Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:32 am 
Youngster

New here and i havent really played any pokemon game ever so excuse my ignorance, have some questions:

Will the white haired girl we meet at the beggining be a romance option? Because she has my favorite design by far (Along Sabrina) and would be a shame to not have her as a love interest.

I have read that Leaf is the main heroine, does that mean that she will love Red at some point witouth our input? Because i like her and i wouldnt like to see her sad when i go for other routes :(

Are you set on not having the teachers being romance options or that is something that could still be on the table as the game progress?

Also why is Cinthia not an option if she isnt a teacher?

Thanks.

By the way i can confirm that the Ctrl button does skip already viewed text.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:08 am 
Poké Fan

* With the addition of battle mechanics and wild Pokémon (I heard you were planning on having like 480 or something?), what do you expect the ratio of gameplay and story to come out to? How invested will players have to be in the gameplay elements if they're more interested in just the story and romance?

* Will there be an element of raising your Pokémon - happiness, keeping them healthy, devoting free time to them, etc. - that has some impact on the story?

* Are all romance storylines expected to conclude in the third year? If so, how will you balance storylines for characters who are only in the game for 2/3 or 1/3 the story?

* Do you have any ideas as to the intended playtime of a single, first playthrough in the final game?

* Will we meet Blue's roommate?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:53 pm 
Poké Fan

Just the one question from me:

Given Red's special "gift", can we expect to possibly see N at all, seeing as he posesses a similar talent in the games? Not a character request by any means and I'm not looking to delve much further in than that.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next