[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
First Week impressions - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC

Opinion on Pikachu
1. Awesome 42%  42%  [ 33 ]
2. Good 36%  36%  [ 28 ]
3. Fine 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
4. Indifferent 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
5. Ehh 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
6. Bad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
7. Why the heck did you give me this dumb mouse? 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Total votes: 78
 Post subject: First Week impressions
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:42 pm 
Youngster

Man this was long waited for. I had a blast running through this awesome project for the first session and my first natural choices. I look forward to the next few weeks of playing through all of the many choices. That being said I noticed that some of the choices were removed. And while I know this is just a demo I think that the opportunities to gain the attributes were a bit lacking along with the number of choices. That criticism aside I think this was a wonderful stride in the right direction and I hope that this project continues.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:10 pm 
Youngster

I really enjoyed it especially all the scenes with Lance! The battle system looks pretty good for a prototype and i also loved the artwork at the exhibition battle! The devs are doing an amazing job and they should take all the time they need to make the game even more amazing!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:53 pm 
Delinquent

I would normally be whatever with Pikachu, but I totally get why he's included. Also the devs already explained why certain mons would get included for sure

I do like how Pikachu is very human/understandable. Did a great job with the expressions and voices!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:07 pm 
Rising Star

Did Janine's Venomoth have 5 moves? Stun Spore, Energy ball, Quiver Dance, Giga Drain and Psychic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:04 pm 
Rising Star

Also yeah, why did you give me the dumb mouse. But the game was great

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:32 pm 
Ranger

Good stuff. It did leave me with the feel of not being able to choose what to do and where to go, however that is highly understandable as it's the demo and the first week, but I did enjoy it nonetheless. The Battle Arena drama was great all around. Digging just about everything. Also, FUCK YOU LANCE. I'll show you you little bitch boy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:13 pm 
Youngster

Contrary to popular opinion, I love Pikachu. It's not that I like the Pokemon, but the little guy sneaks onto the airplane in your bag and sits by the door waiting for you to come back.

If that's not adorable, I'm not sure what is.

I'm really excited to kick some ass with Pikachu just to prove Lance wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:30 pm 
Youngster

Well lets see what I like about this demo.
The updated new cut-scenes look phenomenal .I like Pikachu a lot, he's a adorable lil brat, with his electric shenanigans .The battle system is a bit of a miss for me , but they said it was a placeholder , so that fine.

However , if there's one think they did , I didn't like is they removed the character trait cards.I kinda like those which get a lot of information to the character, but now its just the character portrait with they bond level showing.Also the game lags a lot during certain segment, I hope there's a way to reduce that

Overall I like it much more than the previous demo , and A week of Pokemon Academy was definitely a good start.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:01 pm 
Delinquent

More like "Why did you give me that dumb Red Dinosaur?"

It was awesome, wish it was longer. lol.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:30 pm 
Delinquent

I was a bit skeptical getting the Pikachu at first. But I suppose it doesn't 'have' to be in my final team.

After that scene with Lance though I am going to find a way to down his Dragonite using the Pikachu just to demonstrate he trifled with the wrong Red.