The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 pm 
Youngster

How much of the overall plot will be affected by romance? Will you still go through the same things no matter who you romance with the only changes being who your group of friends are and pieces of "romantic" dialogue from your GF? Or will the plot take a completely different chain of events depending on which "route" you take? For example if you date May, her father decides to test you and if he approves he becomes a teacher at the academy then becomes involved in the battle team where he makes several more changes from there.

The reason I'm asking is just because of the sheer number of "routes" planned along with stuff like the catching, battle and training systems.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:45 am 
Staff Writer

Won't have any big effect on the main story, but will definitely affect dialogue. Just expect your girlfriend to cheer you on during the National Tournament or whatever.

Also Christmas/New Years/Valentine's Day is a thing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:15 pm 
Rising Star

Soundwave wrote:
Won't have any big effect on the main story, but will definitely affect dialogue. Just expect your girlfriend to cheer you on during the National Tournament or whatever.

What about birthdays? For example, the girls surprising Red on his Birthday with something or vice versa, assuming of course Red doesn't get to caught up in training and studying he forgets birthdays are a thing :P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:35 pm 
Ranger

tylerbamafan34 wrote:
Soundwave wrote:

What about birthdays? For example, the girls surprising Red on his Birthday with something or vice versa, assuming of course Red doesn't get to caught up in training and studying he forgets birthdays are a thing :P

I love the idea of your gf surprising you on your birthday, but the 1st year start on 5th April, and Red's birthday is the february 27, so in the end of the year if there's the vacations between two years (I suppose 3 years means probably 3x10 months with approximatly 2 months of vacation, excepted christmas and others little holidays, if counted in the game).

And, Valentine's day is (no surprise) the february 14, 13 days before, so maybe in vacations?
Or the 1st day in the 5th April is just a reference, and in the final version (in every markets in 2150, for 0,00$), the year will start in 5th september, like in Europe and North America (I suppose?).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:27 pm 
Rising Star

misterskin wrote:
And, Valentine's day is (no surprise) the february 14, 13 days before, so maybe in vacations?
Or the 1st day in the 5th April is just a reference, and in the final version (in every markets in 2150, for 0,00$), the year will start in 5th september, like in Europe and North America (I suppose?).

I'm not sure but I think it's a reference to when school start in Japan, if it is the case it probably won't change.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:17 pm 
Rising Star

misterskin wrote:
tylerbamafan34 wrote:
Soundwave wrote:

I love the idea of your gf surprising you on your birthday, but the 1st year start on 5th April, and Red's birthday is the february 27, so in the end of the year if there's the vacations between two years (I suppose 3 years means probably 3x10 months with approximatly 2 months of vacation, excepted christmas and others little holidays, if counted in the game).

I too noticed the odd timing of the beginning year, and felt like it didn’t line up with all the possible holidays and social situations that could arise from such things. My money is on the dates being shifted around for it in a later version

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:58 am 
Delinquent

tylerbamafan34 wrote:
misterskin wrote:
tylerbamafan34 wrote:

I too noticed the odd timing of the beginning year, and felt like it didn’t line up with all the possible holidays and social situations that could arise from such things. My money is on the dates being shifted around for it in a later version

Guys.
Japanese students start their year in April. Pokemon is originally Japanese. Most VNs have the school year also start in April. The reason PAL starts in April is because it's logical a for it to be in April.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:07 am 
Ranger

ScottpilgrimFMAB wrote:
Guys.
Japanese students start their year in April. Pokemon is originally Japanese. Most VNs have the school year also start in April. The reason PAL starts in April is because it's logical a for it to be in April.

You have scored the first goal of the match. It's true that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh make (in great part) Japan, with Almia and some others....

So, know you make some things "light up", I have a new "theory" about the composition of a year in Kobukan Academy, I will use an argumentation:
-So the special region introduced in PAL is name "Kobukan", a name sound very japanese in fact.
-So you have surely right about the times of beginning the year in april... But if I reffer to the Assassination Classroom anime's, they have their summer holidays (about 2 months) in the middle of their year!
-So with this informations, this probably mean a school year will be about 9-10 months of school, 2 months of summer holidays, with probably some weeks of vacations before April...