[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Shoul Blue be THAT arrgesive? - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:36 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:45 pm 
Youngster

Hey there! I wondered while playing the game, why Blue is that angry against the main character? I know this is in the real game, he's a little mad against us for nothing, but I found he's far too in this game. He's gonna spot MC (main character) for literally anything, even go to scream in the buildings when he spot us. Is that for something after all? Or just for the character design? I dunno if it will be changed, because that fit with Blue, but I found (and have discuted of that with a friend) that he really just like a real douchebag.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:39 pm 
Youngster

I agree, Blue is a real asshole this time around, and he wasn't nearly as spiteful in the previous version... so unless there is a story reason for this change in Blue's aggression... I have to say I am not particularly fond of his new attitude....

The reason being that for me, Blue always seamed like he believed that he was better than Red, he wasn't just posing (even though he lost repeatedly to Red, he still pulled off the "I let you win" bs convincingly), this version of Blue however feels more like he knows Red is better, and he knows his actions are pathetic.... which does not feel like Blue at all...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:09 pm 
Poké Fan

Blue isn't mad at Red for nothing. . Maybe Red did something to really annoy Blue, and didn't realize it. Maybe it's hormones. Maybe alien members of the Illuminati are working with the lizard members of the Freemasons to use Team Rocket technology to use mind control on an influential professor's grandson to amass power, and this is just a side effect.

I'm sure it's one of these things. We'll just have to wait and see.

But the most likely possibility is that . !

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:49 pm 
Staff Writer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:15 am 
Youngster

I like the personality of blue, it changes from game boy's games, but they are older too, for now I find this game awesome and strongly following!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:40 pm 
Youngster

I actually like this Blue, even though he's the biggest douche I've seen, he feels more "realistic".

You can tell that there is something going on between you and him and I wouldn't be surprised if this relationship is one the main aspect of the story.

You know like depending on your choice, you'll either reconnect with him or just lose all touch with him forever (maybe not to that extreme but something like that)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:22 am 
Poké Fan

I'm also on the fence with Blue's personality of what we've seen so far. I don't see it being so much about how aggressive he is, it's more how pathetic he is. Pretty much everyone in the game he interacts with just gets pissed off at his shitty attitude and looks down on him or outright makes fun of him.

The Blue in my headcanon is pretty boss. He's always one step ahead of Red and is legitimately powerful and popular (perhaps at least among shallow people). He's cocky and snarky but once he mellows out he's just a cool dude.

I like the angle they're going for where he clearly has an inferiority complex to Red, but so far he's just been an ass that everyone hates. He hasn't achieved enough to be cocky, and he's angry more often than snarky. I simulatneously sympathize with him since he keeps getting a raw deal while hating all the decisions he makes to the point that I simply don't enjoy the scenes he's in. I'm worried that, if they plan to have a redemption story for him, it'll be very difficult to make it convincing.

I'm curious if the writers' goals in the current scenes of regularly beating Blue down is to invoke a feeling of righteousness as the "bad guy" doesn't get his way or if they have something else in mind; Red never really seems to dwell on those moments much, which might be intentional. Personally I've just felt pity for the misguided lad.

Oops I ranted.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:41 pm 
Youngster

While I think it can be interpreted as overdone, I think it makes a bit of sense. After all, Blue's wondering how a guy whose achievements are 'remembering to wake up around 1200' and 'his Pikachu likes him a lot' got into Kokuban.

Sixteen's (that is the age everyone is, right?) pretty young, and we do a lot of dumb things and take things way too far.

Even Red is spoiling to go when Blue draws on him in the classroom.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:25 pm 
Youngster

I'm pretty sure Blue's attitude, while not justified, is completely understandable considering his family and his prior relationship to Red.

According to in-game text, Blue started to change around the time the two of them first got their Pokèmon. I bet it's around this time that Professor Oak noticed Red's ability to communicate with Pokèmon and began talking about him. Think about it; I'm willing to bet Blue heard a lot of things like "Red's got a lot of potential" and "Red will make a great trainer someday" from his grandfather while not receiving similar praise. To have your family ignore your own abilities in favor of some unrelated kid would drive any young kid insane.

Because of this, Blue pushed himself to the extreme and trained nonstop to get the same level of praise, but no matter how well he did it didn't stop Oak from talking about Red and his ability. Eventually Blue gets admitted into the academy entirely on his own merit, thinking he's finally one-upped Red, only to find that Red got in through recommendation, without even applying. After losing to Red not once, but twice, I'm sure that'd push Blue over the edge; a classic "No matter how hard I work, I can't beat the guy with natural talent" case.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:44 pm 
Ranger