The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 12:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Getting an Eevee
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:36 pm 
Delinquent

So I talked about this in another discussion with some other people, which several people agree with me on it being a good idea - so I wanted to pitch it to the devs.

The player could receive an Eevee (depending on the Elective you're taking that enables Eeveelutions, or everyone just gets one which leaves the option of not evolving it open)

Cynthia wrote:
Maybe an electric type or psychic type, that would be nice. I'm hoping to be able to obtain a pseudo-legendary Pokemon sometime in the game.

Echopapa wrote:
TimoteTh3God wrote:
Probably a Jolteon, one of my electives is electric, and I've always loved the Eeveelution line.

Getting an Eevee and depending on the electives you choose, you can evolve it through those routes... now that would be amazing.

That would be a great idea! I'm sure a lot of people would be happy with that because almost everyone likes at least one eeveevolution.

Echopapa wrote:
Burakoru wrote:
Echopapa wrote:
Getting an Eevee and depending on the electives you choose, you can evolve it through those routes... now that would be amazing.

Out of curiosity, what about for people who don't pick a type that Eevee evolves into? As it makes sense that, say, Jolteon would be a potential route for someone who chose Electric, and Flareon if you chose Fire, but if you went with say, Bug type? Would it be the Eevee-evolution closest to the typing?

What about Normal type? If you pick Normal Type would you just get a choice to keep the Eevee as an eevee?

(P.S. this is not me bagging on the idea, it actually really intrigues me, and seems like a fun idea that gives more weight into your potential elective choices... but it makes me wonder about the small things like the stuff I listed earlier)

That's a good thing to take into account... perhaps for the people who have chosen electives that doesn't get an Eeveelution they get a different Pokémon instead, like a Machop for fighting. Or, since presumably you'll choose new electives the following year, you can get an Eevee but it will evolve at a later date leaving it less powerful and inexperienced compared to the ones that had evolved earlier?

Echopapa wrote:
Burakoru wrote:
Echopapa wrote:
That's a good thing to take into account... perhaps for the people who have chosen electives that doesn't get an Eeveelution they get a different Pokémon instead, like a Machop for fighting. Or, since presumably you'll choose new electives the following year, you can get an Eevee but it will evolve at a later date leaving it less powerful and inexperienced compared to the ones that had evolved earlier?

Hmm, yeah, it would make sense to get a completely different pokémon from the types that don't get an eeveelution. Now; what if you chose two electives, one of which would normally get you an Eevee, one of which would get you a different pokemon.

Would you get both pokemon? Where-as someone who picks two "eeveelution electives" simply gets two choices to evolve their eevee? Would there be priority of the eevee over the secondary pokemon? Or perhaps it could be based on simply your first elective, to save the trouble of having to calculate both the electives you picked?

(I'm sorry, I feel like I'm dissecting such a simple idea and looking at every possibility now. xD)

No need to apologise, I had no idea people would like my idea so much! I suppose if you choose two electives say Fire and Water, you'd get a choice on which route you'd like to go and for neutrality's sake have an option to not evolve Eevee at all, similar to Ash's Pikachu.

Having Eevee is a base Pokémon means no one gets left out, those who want to go down the eeveelution paths can and those who don't can keep a regular Eevee, in addition to those other Pokémon you can obtain from different electives.

I quoted lots of ideas, and peoples reactions as its easier than typing it all out myself - please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Getting an Eevee
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:39 pm 
Rising Star

Probability of getting eevee is high in my opinion its one of most popular pokemons out there and evolves in 8 class types. Plus Im sure lot of people here would like to see it in game.
Perhaps even find shiny eevee from Leafs lie ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:53 am 
Site Admin

Eevees will be a thing. Don't worry.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:54 am 
Delinquent

I'm going to sound like a really big hipster right now, but I've never really been that big a fan of the Eeveelutions. Not that I dislike them but just have always tended to like other mons of the same types more.

(Edit: He says as he is IV breeding Eevees)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:52 pm 
Rising Star

Eevee is the best