[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Choices Guide - Page 3 - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Choices Guide
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:06 pm 
Rising Star

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:04 am 
Rising Star

Hello again! It's been quite a while, but I needed some time to get opinions on the guide I'm currently working on. But now that this is done, I can safely share with you the first part of the guide (There will be 4 parts). If anyone notices that I missed something in the guide, let me know. :)

Anyway, I hope you will all enjoy this. ;)

DISCLAIMER: This guide contains many spoilers and it is recommended for you to play through the game at least once. You've been warned!

Intro

Choice #1 (Mom, please let me sleep)

- You’re kicking me out of the house. => Mom gives your cheek a little pinch.
- Is it another skitty video ?
- I’m going back to sleep. => Mom gives your cheek a little pinch.

Honestly, I don’t really if this red text has any kind of influence for later in the game, but you don’t gain/lose stats, so I guess it doesn’t.

Choice #2 (Who’s it gonna be ?)

Okay. Time to pick your roommate. From Left to Right:
- Calem
- Cheren
- Brendan
- Tierno

Brendan's Path

~~ Elective independent choices ~~

Choice #0 (MOAR STATS)

During the scene where you have to pick a roommate, you can talk to the others (In this case Calem, Cheren, and Tierno) and grab some extra stat points without having to room with them.
Here’s how it goes.

For Calem, talk to him until you get this:
- Room with Calem! => (+1 Expression)
- Never Mind. => Pick another roommate.

After this, just choose “Not Yet.” and you can go and talk to someone else.

For Cheren, talk to him until you get this:
- I challenge you to a Pokémon battle! => (-1 Appeal)
- Two heads are better than one. => (+1 Appeal)
- Never mind. => Pick another roommate.

After this, just choose “Actually, hold on…” and go talk to the last one.

For Tierno, talk to him until you get this:
- Try rooming with Tierno anyway.
- Try rooming with Trevor instead. => (+1 Appeal)
- Try someone else. => Pick another roommate.

When you’re done, choose “Hold on a sec.” and finally talk to Brendan which is the one you want to room with. :)

Choice #1 (Couple Drama)

- Interrupt the conversation. => Brendan is now your roommate.
- Go reserve a room. => Brendan is now your roommate. (+1 Perception)
- Ditch 'em. => Pick another roommate. (You still can choose Brendan as your roommate if you don't like the others, but you won't be able to get the +1 in Perception)

Choice #2 (The Misty Ambush)

- That was my bad. => (+1 with Misty)
- You're to blame, too! => (-1 with Misty + Get slapped in the face)

Choice #3 (Whos dat gal ?)

- I guess there’s really no choice.
- There’s no way I’m going in there!
- Jump off the window. [1 Perception required]

To my knowledge, this choice has no influence later on. It just changes some dialogues. Maybe it will in future demos, regarding your relation with Leaf.

You encounter Misty again on the way to your room. Next choice is only available if you apologized to her when you bumped into her earlier.

Choice #4 (Choose Wisely)

- Do you live here ?
- How was your day ?
- You look like you need some rest. => (+1 Appeal)
- Is this a Cerulean outfit ? => (+1 with Misty)

Choice #5 (Oh shit, my bag is moving)

- Let security handle it. => (+1 Perception)
- Go after it. => (+1 Dedication)

Choice #6 (They don’t work Whitney!)

- Rough morning, huh ?
- Want some coffee ?
- Say nothing. => (+1 Perception)

Choice #7 (Fea.. what? Don't know that word)

- Losing my friends. => (+1 with Leaf & May)
- Failing to achieve my dreams. => (+1 with Trevor)
- Growing old. => (+1 with Tierno & Brendan)
- Spinaraks freak the hell out of me. => (+1 with Shauna)
- Nothing gets to me! NOTHING! => (+1 Expression)

Choice #8 (Clubs, huh ? Right...)

- The coordinator club. => (+1 with May & Brendan)
- The cheer team. => (+1 with Shauna)
- The photography club. => (+1 with Trevor)
- The dance club. => (+1 with Tierno)
- The outdoors club. => (+1 with Leaf)
- The Battle Team.

Choice #9 (Remember what Brendan said yesterday :p)

- Water Frog => (-1 Trainer’s Insight)
- Land Fish => (-1 Trainer’s Insight)
- Mud Fish => (+1 Trainer’s Insight)
- Mud Skipper => (-1 Trainer’s Insight)
- You don’t answer within 30 secs => (-1 Trainer’s Insight)

I will use the notation “Insight” short for “Trainer’s Insight” starting now because I’m lazy :p

~~ You revise for your classes => (+1 Insight) ~~

Choice #10 (Janine VS RandomDude)

- Claydol has a clear advantage!
- The matchup is still even. => (+1 Insight)
- Claydol is gonna get its ass kicked. => (+2 Insight)

Choice #11 (Oak’s Quiz)
Question #1: How many base stat categories do Pokémon have ?

- 5 => (-1 Insight)
- 6 => (+1 Insight)
- 7 => (-1 Insight)
- 8 => (-1 Insight)
- You don’t know => (-1 Insight)

Question #2: What does the abbreviation “TM” stand for ?

- Technical Move => (-1 Insight)
- Teaching Machine => (-1 Insight)
- Teachable Move => (-1 Insight)
- Technical Machine => (+1 Insight)
- You don’t know => (-1 Insight)

Choice #12 (Leaf is in the air*)

- Invite Leaf. => (+1 with Leaf + Get her number yo!)
- On second thought…

*I’m sorry, this is trash...

Choice #13 (How’s school goin’ ?)

- It’s all right.
- I can’t take it anymore! => You and the other two idiots high five each over. (+1 with Tierno & Brendan)
- Dodge the question. => (+1 with Leaf)
- This school is too easy for a genius like me! [Giving all the right answers at the previous tests is required] => (+1 Appeal)

Choice #14 (Thug Life Erika)

- Nudge her and wake her up. => (-1 Perception + Get slapped again)
- Leave her alone. => (+1 Perception)

Battle with Blue aka [insert insulting nickname]:

Victory => (+1 Insight)
Defeat => (-1 Insight)

If you win your battle, Janine proposes you to enter the Battle Team.

Choice #15 (Battle Team Invite)

- Absolutely. => (+1 with Janine)
- I’d rather not. [This one doesn’t show up if you said you wanted to enter the Battle Team at Choice #8]
- I really need a day to think about it.

~~ Elective Type dependant choices ~~

Well, for this section, there's not much to say really.
The 2 only choices you will have to make are the answers to the tests of each respective Elective Classes.
The first Elective Class test will happen between Choice #12 and Choice #13.
The second Elective Class test will happen between Choice #14 and Choice #15.
For both of these, you'll be asked one simple question:
What type(s) are [Elective Type] attacks super effective against?

Of course, I will not make you the insult to give the answers to that. You should know them.
Each right answer will give you +1 Insight
Each wrong answer will give you -1 Insight

Note that if one of your Elective Type is Fire, during the "Type tied to your personality" thing, you'll get an extra +1 Expression

Note as well that I didn't try every possible combination of Electives, because well, there's 306 combinations possible.
However, I tried the 20 combinations associated with all the first years we can meet (eg. Leaf with Electric/Grass), tried them again with maximum stats, and I didn't notice anything special.

~~ End of Demo 1.0.3 ~~

As this is only the first part, I post it here. I'll probably start a new topic when I'll add the other parts in, for it to be clearer and easier to consult.

That's it for now.
See you around guys! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:26 pm 
Staff Writer

Nice job. The pure black text is hard to read, but I love that you colour coded the characters.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:59 am 
Youngster

Wow, yeah, this is looking really good! Nice job, Kao. :)