[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Main RP Room - Page 14 - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 Next
 Post subject: Re: Main RP Room
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:40 am 
Ranger

At first, it's Aegislash vs Seadra. It's kinda nice to be sparring, I hadn't anything better to do anyways, I think to myself. Well, the battle began. We wouldn't go full force, but it was still going to be more or less a ''serious'' match, so we both would get some practice.

It went pretty well at first, Storm (Seadra) managed to set up Dragon Dance and take down his Aegislash, not completely unscathed though. Next he sent out his Cloyster. Storm was able to damage his Cloyster quite a bit, but was overpowered by a powerful critical hit Blizzard. Next, I sent out Guts (Rufflet) to finish the job with an U-turn, which was really close to killing the Cloyster, but was just a tiny bit off. So he got 1 more turn with his Cloyster, who almost one shot my Rufflet. It was really close. His Cloyster definitely seemed to have some power. Well, Guts finished off his Cloyster, but next turn and I knew Guts was kinda done for, so I kept him there. Next turn Hyun sent out Froslass, who of course brought down Guts easily. Next I switched in Styx (Gligar), even though strategically Blastoise would have been a much better choice, I wanted to give all of my pokemons a go before bringing my main in.

Styx had no good moves vs his Frosslass really, but he managed to live through the first turn and got some small damage off on Frolass. Next turn he was taken down though. That is a very strong Froslass indeed. I sent out Hydro (Blastoise), and he was ready as ever. Froslass outsped and hit him first with a strong Shadow Ball, that took approximately 40% of Hydro's hp. I had taught Hydro a very strong move, and now it would come handy. We had practiced it a lot in the past summer. As it was his turn, he used Dark Pulse and shot Froslass down finally, who had wrecked my other team members. We were both on our last pokemon now. His last one was Mismagius. As I expected, his Mismagius was quite a bit faster than Hydro, so he naturally got the first hit on me. I believe the match was over, he would have won after my next move. Hydro tanked Mismagius' Shadow Ball, but he would not be able to tank another. The only way I could possibly win was if Hydro managed to dodge the next one somehow, or if Mismagius were to miss. Perhaps a crit could OHKO Mismagius. That didn't happen though, Hydro got a strong Dark Pulse on Mismagius that brought her to a very low health, but still not quite enough. Well, Mismagius finished Hydro with a very accurate hit, and thus Hyun had won the first match.

I was satisfied though. It was a good one. I call my pokemon back to their pokeballs. We tried, and got pretty close. It was definitely noticeable which Pokemon were the Aces of our teams. ''That was a nice one. Well fought. Let's have a small break and let them heal up, before we do another'' I said, as I walked a bit back and put my Pokemon on one of the healing machines that our Gym had. Next, I went to a vending machine and got 2 soda's, other one of them I offered to Hyun. Just a kind gesture after he won the match. After that I sat down for a bit.

(I am just kinda explaining how the match went, Hyun will explain the 2nd one. Not completely RP'ing here I guess but in this case this was more convenient)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:41 am 
Veteran

I groan as I sit down and start eating my rice bowl, orientation should be over by now. I check my phone "still no word from Ryan" I mutter under my breath in between bites. I know he wanted to check into this, but I really need to change into some dry pants, and my shampoo and soap are still with my belongings so that shower after my swim wasn't really that effective at getting me clean.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:49 am 
Rising Star

It was a SUPER long trip to Kabukan Academy but it went by faster than i would've expected since Link and I spent most of our time talking and Fan-boying about Pokemon and how exciting our lives will become when we begin to attend the most prestigious school on the planet.

"I can't believe that were actually going to Kabukan! Like we're actually doing it!"

Link was practically screaming out. There is no hiding his excitement or mine for that matter, but it did just then hit me that I was ACTUALLY attending Kabukan Academy.

"It's so surreal to think that I'm leaving Unova just to go to school and also start living on my own!"
I said enthusiastically.
Finally, after what felt like an eternity, we arrived at this castle looking structure with the largest gate I've ever seen. When I hopped off I saw so many different people and personalities than ever before. Directly to my right there was another freshmen who stood so still in front of the main gate that I almost went over to him and offered him a Cheri Berry. There was a short girl talking loudly and running all over the place. A quite husky guy shaking his hips and tapping his shoes everywhere that his smaller, red-headed friend was trying not to get stepped on. A couple that were almost too close and strange yet unique fashion styles. A tall girl in short-shorts talking or praying to some "Hilbert" character. And a slightly short, shy, quirky girl with magenta shade hair in some sort of blue jumpsuit. She looked familiar and i swore I had seen her somewhere in Mistralton City. Link came out shortly after me and nearly dropped his luggage on me. He is a bit clumsy. I took Dude out of Pokeball and let him climb all over me like a well dressed tree. I got my luggage and started towards the main entrance as Dude tried his hardest to balance himself on the very top of my head with his tail. Even with an Aipom on my head i still couldn't forget about that girl i saw earlier, everything about her seemed almost perfect. I entered the building and Link did too shortly after. I saw a sign on the wall that read:

ALL STUDENTS MUST CHECK IN THEN BE ASSIGNED A ROOM WITH A ROOMATE

I slowly turned toward Link as he did the same.

"Wanna be roomates?" I asked nervously.

"Sure, but I'm not taking care of your Aipom."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:31 am 
Veteran

I jolt up in bed. I swallow hard as cold sweat runs down my face. "...jeez." I mutter under my breath, my normal cheerful voice is gone, as I glance at my wrist. "4 am...?" I turn my head towards Aerie to make sure I didn't accidentally wake her. As quietly as I can, I get out of bed and pull a water bottle out of my bag. I'd love to take a walk but there's a curfew. I'm familiar with curfews, though I can't really imagine why they have them here. After a quick scan of the room I noticed that we have a rather large window.

I slide open the window. The breeze feels really nice. Again, I'm trying to be quiet as I don't know how heavy of a sleeper she is. I hop up into the window and sit down on the sill with my legs dangling outside. "...rough, well they said I might have some since I'll be in an unfamiliar place..." I try to reassure myself as I finally open the water bottle. "Well, at least I got more sleep than usual." I take a large drink of water. "It seems like everyone here has so many pokemon..." I reach for the only pokeball I currently own and let out a small swablu. "...ah you're so cute. It makes me jealous." Whenever I look at this adorable cotton bird I smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:54 pm 
Veteran

I wasn't sure if the second round would be something easy for me. My Pokemons didn't battle since a long time. But I suppose that victory will give them more courage. Froslass looked at me, ready to battle. The others pokemons were determined too, but the fact that they were tired is quite obvious.

"Once we're done with that, training time." Everyone seemed to understand. Good.
I stood up, and finished the Soda he gave to me.

This time, I sent Cloyster at first. But his tortank was really impressive, Cloy couldn't even do any damage, so I used toxic before he went down.
Mismagy did finish him off, but at a great cost. This time it wont be my victory. I learned from the first battle, yet he did change his strategy. However, the damage done by his Seadra's Hydro pump sent Mismagy out, and my Aegislash. Fortunately, Froslass withstood and took him down, but his gligar sealed my loss.

I quickly healed them, to reduce the time they would suffer. "Good match, you showed me I still have a lot to learn though."
I looked at the sky. "It's becoming rather dark, is it? Maybe it should be time to head back to the dorm."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:58 pm 
Veteran

I could feel a small breeze that made me slowly wake up. I looked at meloetta who was sleeping right next to me. I'll let her rest for now. I looked left to see Alice smiling at her Pokemon. "Oh it's a Swablu! it's as cute as you, Alice."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:12 pm 
Ranger

This time I came out on top, and thus we went 1-1 in total. It was good to stop here, I thought.
I got my pokemon healed up again. That'd be enough training for today.
''I believe we both do. Most battle team members would wipe the floor with us, haha.'' I said and chuckled. Then I continued with: ''You did just fine, considering I don't think you train your pokemon all that much. Anyhow, I don't think us who like to specialize in few types aren't the best fit for battle. But I did realize, that I might want to start looking more into battling. Seems like a lot of fun.''

As Hyun notifies me of the fact that it's getting late, I look at the sky. Indeed. ''Yeah, I'm with you on that one. Let's head out. I'll grab something from the cafeteria with me, but you can go ahead if you don't feel like waiting.'' I say, and stand up.

As we walk around the campus, in my thoughts I think that perhaps I should train my Pokemon a bit more evenly. Hydro and Storm are clearly stronger than Guts and Styx, even though those two have great potential too. Storm has been naturally strong though. Ever since I gotten him. That's not something that came with Guts for example, he has had to work hard to become stronger. I'm proud of the little fella. Hydro wasn't that strong to begin with, but he was always talented and a quick learner. I've never had any issues with teaching him moves or strategies. Then Styx. Hmh... Hard to say much about him. I haven't trained him all that much, he's simply my little goofy bat. He always does silly things, but now that I think of it he isn't bad at all in battling.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:18 pm 
Veteran

"h-huh" I look over at Aerie's side of the room. "Ahh, I didn't mean to wake you...well what time is it now?" I glance outside as the sun is clearly rising. "Woah! How long have I been sitting here..." I hop back into the room and set my cotton ball on the bed. Cute as me huh, no way. I don't even compare. Calling me cute though, I wonder.

"I'm not cute, usually I'm all muddy and bruised and I usually have a dozen bandages on me." I start rummaging through my bag. "..and Puff, there, is at least thrice as cute as me." Ah there it is, I pull out some instant coffee. "You like coffee?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:30 pm 
Veteran

"I still think you're cute." I stood up and stretched, looking around.
I looked at her, curious. "Kaufy? What is it? A Pokemon?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:55 pm 
Veteran

Another cute comment, but I need to set that aside for a moment. "Ah...you've never heard of coffee?" I probably sounded dumbfounded. "...well I guess I'm the weird one here, I'm pretty young to be drinking coffee. Let's see...it's bitter, but it's a drink that's meant to help wake you up." I set up the coffee to be made. As it starts to drip into the cup I turn around.

"Actually, coffee doesn't really wake me up. It's just when I was young, I was pretty..." Hmm I don't want to go into that now, what to say. "...anemic, and they tried coffee to give me energy. Eventually the flavor grew on me." I take the cup and put a little honey in it and walk over to her. "Well...try it anyways. I'm sure you'll hate it." I give a wink as I say that.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 Next