[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 561: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 617: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
(New) RP Main Room - Page 3 - The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The Pokémon Academy Life Community

The official discussion forum for Pokémon Academy Life
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1305 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5131 Next
 Post subject: Re: (New) RP Main Room
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:05 am 
Veteran

Page

-----------

Hours later, I awoke to find that the bus had stopped. I yawned, then got up to stretch my stiffened limbs - after all, this bus ride lasted several hours. Shaking the tiredness away from my body, I grabbed the few possessions I brought with me to the academy. I brought along a suitcase full of comfortable clothes, a messenger bag with nothing but the essentials as well as my trusty six-string. I never leave home without it. Struggling a bit with my luggage, I eventually made it out of the cramped and wheeled prison I traveled in for an unspecified amount of time.

I step out onto the sidewalk of the academy. The sensation of a cool breeze was a refreshing feeling. While I thoroughly enjoyed the comfort, I opened one eye to find a group of students congregating near the gate, so I followed suit. Even more convenient was the campus staff that took our stuff up to our rooms. Cool beans. With the whole luggage situation sorted out, I headed to the student lounge. I felt parched, so I resolved to get myself a drink, and maybe mingle with the other students myself. Time to make an impression...

Last edited by PsyduckSauce on Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:28 am 
Ranger

Diana
-------

After quite a few hours of driving, the bus finally pulled up at the Academy. I spent the whole trip doing research about my interests, and watching videos and streams of Pokemon Racing, with some Battling mixed in there. I was pretty interested in both, and also Coordinator Contests, but I don't think I'll be attending those or ever watch that stuff in public.
I'll for sure be joining the Racing Team, but that leaves me with no spots for Battle Team.
Maybe exceptions can be made.

Oh well, to qualify into the Battle Team is still a looo-ng time from now on, so no use thinking too much about it. I grab my bags, adjust my hair a little bit and hop off the bus, being one of the later ones, but not the latest though.
Once I am outside, I get a good look around as I inhale some fresh air. Woah, quite sunny outside. The sight is astonishing, really. This place is really nice, considering how old it is. Well it does get reshuffled and what not quite often.I see a lot of excited students, and some are already hurrying inside to the main building. I don't pay particular attention to anyone, since I actually kinda darted through the crowds in hurry. I'd have time for socializing later.

On the entrance of the main building
I saw 2 men standing and talking around, other of them offering leaflets that had info about the Academy. I recognized the other man to be no other than Kiri Wilson, who I knew was teaching here. He was quite tall in person, I noted. Also had an Espeon sitting on his shoulder. The other guy I didn't know, but he had a pretty happy expression on his face, a brown beard and long hair and glasses. He was the one giving out leaflets. Some students took those, but the majority of the masses were just catching up to me now as I had stopped here wondering about stuff.
So this was one of the ways to let students know what's up nowadays. Before the school used to have a massive orientation, rather than giving out leaflets.
''Yo everyone! Come grab yours'' the other guy shouted and waved.

Duke and Kiri (sort of. they were slightly in the past at the beginning)
-------
As I had my cup of coffee, a figure that I didn't expect to see just yet sat down with me.
''Hey Kiri. What's up?'' I interrogate, as I sip my coffee and get a better look of him. He's just as usual, arrived a bit earlier than expected though. He looked like he had just taken a shower and shaved. Although I had chilled around here in the cafeteria for longer than I'd like to admit. I was getting some paperwork done, and realized students would be arriving in just 10 minutes or so. We still had a little time for talk.
''Yo. I'm pretty good, what about ya Duke?'' Kiri said as he was already eating with relish.
''My trip went fairly well. Nothing too special.'' He added. I nodded and said that I'm doing pretty fine too, and quite excited of the upcoming semester. We shared the same thoughts.
Then we proceeded to talk about all kinds of stuff during the 10 minutes, and after Kiri was done stuffing himself we headed out to the courtyard. Students had just came, I had received a text. Good thing I prepared leaflets. Kiri met with his Espeon right here, and Espeon jumped right on his shoulder. We continued our talk as we stood around the main building. I was waving and shouting so the students that were headed this way would notice to grab their leaflets.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:38 pm 
Poké Fan

Leo
----

I try to make haste and get in the building before the crowds arrive, it seems like some students had the same idea as me, can't blame them, who likes crowds anyways? I start looking at the room, it's really big and has art all over the walls aswell as a map of the interior of the building. Once I'm inside my postive side comes out, and I turn my attention to the people in here with me.

"Maybe, just maybe, there's someone that looks decent enough to room with?" I say this to myself while I scout the area for possible friends, but as always, it ends in failure. There is someone in particular tho that does call my attention. In the middle of the room there's a guy with brown hair about as long as mine, screaming while offering sime kind of leaflets. I instantly approach him, better to be in good terms with the teachers, plus I'll be informed aswell so why not, and I also can't stand being next to the door waiting for the crowds to come and swallow me without mercy.

"Excuse me, my name is Leo and I'm a new student here, I was wondering if I could get one of these leaflets, and if you don't mind, I would like to ask some things about the academy too."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:07 pm 
Ranger

Kiri
----
Finally a few of the students were coming around. We were finished talking, so Duke went inside the main building, and continued to offer leaflets there. I parted ways with him, and told that we'll catch up later. I walked off, up to my own things for now. I catched a glimpse of many new faces even for the small window of time I stayed at the front of the Academy. I'd be heading towards Lily's room, just to see if she was ready to check if my Pokemon were fine. I kinda knew they were for the most part, but this was a habit of mine. Usually checking up at her place when I came from a trip, after all she knew Pokemon really well.

Duke
------
As I left Kiri by the front of the building, I went inside. Some students were coming inside already, but the biggest stream of them was still coming. A boy with dark purple hair approached me, and started talking. I listened and adjusted my glasses, then offered him my hand first as formalities.
''Hello, Leo. I'm Duke, one of the homeroom teachers. Here you go'' I said, as I gave him a leaflet with my other hand. ''Go ahead, sure. The biggest crowd is still coming, so you've time for a few questions'' I stated and was all ears.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:22 pm 
Poké Fan

Leo
----

Just before responding the man offered his hand in a handshake and I firmly accepted it.
He introduced himself as Duke, one of the homeroom teachers, great! At least I'll know him if by any chance I go to his class. He offered me the leaflet and I took a quick peek at it. The most notable things was the map of the academy, I'll take a better look later, don't want to keep Duke waiting. I quickly give him my thanks and proceed to ask my questions, I don't want to look annoying so I'll only ask one, I'll have time for more later.

"Duke, nice to meet you. About the questions, it will be a really short one at that. When will I be able to get my pokemon from home here? Can I only bring one, or more?"

I stopped suddenly, maybe I should have informed myself before coming here, I was too rash.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:56 pm 
Ranger

Duke
--------
Seemed like a good kid, and I shook his hand firmly.
His question was a good one but he forgot to introduce himself, haha. I found it funny, but not a big deal. Happens to every one of us at times. ''Might've forgot to introduce yourself'' I grinned, but with a friendly expression on my face. Then I added ''Good question, however. You can bring all of them, but to do that you'll have to fill in some forms at the student council's office tomorrow. It won't be open today, really. This day is just for getting to know the place and settling in, maybe finding some friends,'' I explained thoroughly.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:25 pm 
Veteran

Lillith
-----------

After making my tea I sit down at a desk near a lot of file cabinets. "Let's see." I place my cup down and open one of the drawers, slowly fingering through the files until I find. "...Wilson, Kiriha." I pull the folder out and place it on the desk. I slowly sip my tea as I open the folder and begin reviewing the notes I have on all of his pokemon. "I wonder which ones he brought this time...Blaze...Lily...." I pull the papers on those two pokemon as I ponder aloud.

Len
-----------

As my eyes adjust I can see large crowds of people flooding off the few buses that are there. No cliques seemed to be forming yet. "I'm sure they're waiting until they get inside." I smile as I say that aloud. "I do hope that I can make some new friends, that's always nice." I start to follow the flow of the crowd. It's not that I don't have friends back home, it's more that everyone acts more like a business partner or a consumer. I walk up to the man handing out leaflets. "Might I have one, please."

Blake
------------

"Look at this sight." I grumble to myself. "It's like a herd of lost mareep." I shake my head at the large crowd. "Let's get this over with then, besides..." I glare up at the sky, "...it's too damn hot." I start to snake through the crowd, quickly coming across a man handing out leaflets. "Hey, old guy. I need one of those."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:57 pm 
Poké Fan

Chloe
----------------
I didn’t know this many people would be coming to this school. I already feel a bit like I’m drowning in this sea of people. At the eye of the storm I can see a sort of scraggly man (at least that’s the impression his long hair and beard gave me) handing out leaflets to the ever increasing crowd. It’s only my first day so I don’t really want to give off a bad impression by being a nuisance when he clearly has his hands full. Because of this, I think it’s best that I don’t join the gaggle and I just pick up a leaflet that someone else had dropped on the floor. I find one and open it to see if I can work out what I’m meant to be doing right now.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:32 pm 
Veteran

Hyun

Noisy. Annoying. People. Ugh.
I looked at Aerie and she understood. She froze every exit around my room in order to seal the sound. Opera will be able to provide me enough air to breathe around anyway.
Time to take a tea, then a nap.

Last edited by Hyun on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:53 pm 
Poké Fan

Ty

I grab one of the pamphlets a staff member was handing out and stuff it into my jacket pocket.

As soon as I enter the building in front of me another staff member approaches me, he then explains about taking my luggage for when I sign up for a room with a room mate. I leave my things with him then begin feeling a little thirst so I search around for a vending machine and happen to find one in what I assume is the lounge area. I buy a bottle of water and plop down into a chair, pull out the pamphlet, and starting reading through it

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1305 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5131 Next