Hello fans! While you may not be seeing or hearing many updates, the visual novel is still being worked on. This site will not be the main destination for updates moving forward as it's easier and faster to post news via Twitter @pokemonvisual.
The forums will remain live as a place where fans can have conversations.
Thank you as always for your ongoing support over the years.
After an excruciating wait, it's finally here! The newest patch for Pokémon Academy Life! 2017 was a tough year as our development team has been running into some hiccups, so from the bottom of our hearts, thank you for being fans of this game! As usual, the demo is available to download on this site. And as always, please remember to not distribute or sell for monetary gains.
Version 1.0.4 is short in duration (extended from April 9th in-game events to April 12th), but it is an important update that adds and addresses many important aspects of the game. As a result, you CAN NOT use an existing save file. Remove any previous versions you have completely and restart with this version.
However, you don't have to play through the entire first week of the game. We implemented a feature at the start of a new game to let you jump directly to the beginning of April 10th. But if it's your first time with this game, we recommend starting from the beginning!
- Battle system is fully functional
- Catching system introduced
- Free exploration system introduced
- Several character routes implemented
- Extended in-game events to April 12th
- Minor text fixes
The battle system and Pokémon catching system are now fully functional!
The following features have been implemented:
- Type effectiveness (all 18 types, dual-types); no more zero-damage Bubble attacks from Blue's Squirtle ;)
- Unique base stats for all Pokémon
- Same Type Attack bonus (STAB)
- Status effects, including flinching
- Stat increases/decreases
- Priority moves (e.g. Quick Attack, Helping Hand, etc.)
For Pokémon catching, the following features have been implemented:
- Catch rate math to match exactly what's in the core series games
- Scripted dialogue to give catching sessions a twist
Still to work on:
- Additional graphics
- Inventory system