Welcome to the fifth "Ask Me Almost Anything" (AMAA) post, where we answer your questions as development on Pokémon Academy Life continues. Can you believe we haven't done one of these since July 2016? Whoops!
For those who have just started following recently, each time we post one of these, the goal is to share some insight on what goes through our heads when we consider or implement ideas. Why did we choose to include something and not another? Why did we set up different types of content a certain way? Hopefully this series will shed some light and help you understand a little more about the game's development.
Unfortunately, we won't be answering all questions (hence the "almost" in AMAA). If you asked something and it wasn't answered, either it's impossible for us to answer without being spoilerific, it's already answered somewhere in the game details, older AMAAs, or we simply couldn't understand it.
Calling all writers, especially those who specialize in writing dialogue!
The newest demo version of Pokémon Academy Life is now available to download on this site. As always, please remember to not distribute or sell for monetary gains.
Version 1.0.3 contains many updates. You CAN NOT use an existing save file. Remove any previous versions you have completely and restart with this version.
- Overhauled and expanded opening and some prologue scenes
- Available days extended to Year 1 - April 10
- Dramatically cut down on overall file size
- Numerous art assets updated
- Removed the player's sprite from the dialogue boxes
- Battle system prototype added
- Replaced the character cards system with a more streamlined tracker
- Updated the traits menu with a more streamlined tracker
- Minor text fixes